To help get the word out about MFG DAY and manufacturing in America, Manufacturing Day challenges its supporters to change their Facebook and Twitter avatars to “I ♥ MFG DAY” through November 11, 2014, when most Manufacturing Day events will have finished.
If you’re up to it, download the avatar files you’ll need here. Instructions on how to make the changes and join the ranks of elite MFG DAY supporters are below.
Once you’ve updated your profiles, call attention to your MFG DAY social media makeovers with posts that include the hashtag #MfgDay14 and we’ll give you a shout-out!
- Log in to the Facebook account you use to manage your company page.
- If you are on a personal Facebook account: Type the name of your company in the search bar and choose the correct page.
- If you are using your company account: Look along the top blue bar or on the left-side column for your company name. Click on it in either place.
- Hover your mouse over the profile avatar (i.e., the thumbnail image that shows your logo). You should see a gray box that says "Update Profile Picture" show up on the avatar. Click on the avatar.
- When the menu of choices show up, choose "Upload Photo" and then select the Facebook avatar image you downloaded from mfgday.com (ILoveMFGDAYAvatar180x180.jpg) as your new avatar.
- You're all done!
- Log in to your company's Twitter profile.
- At the top left, there are four tabs. Choose the one that reads "Me."
- Once you are on your company's profile page, look for the "Edit Profile" button near the right edge, under the cover image. Click on it.
- Click on the avatar image, which should now be covered with the phrase "Change your profile photo."
- Click on the avatar and choose "Upload Photo." Select the Twitter avatar image you downloaded from mfgday.com (ILoveMFGDAYAvatar400x400.jpg) as your new avatar.
- You're all done!