Event DetailsFacility Tour / Presentation
October 6, 2017
2110 S Cedar St
Lansing, MI 48910
Once again, the Capital Area Manufacturing Council (CAMC) and several local partners are planning multiple tours in Mid-Michigan to celebrate National Manufacturing Day (MFG Day) on October 6, 2017. Our goal is to expose 1,000 K-12 students and school officials to our strong manufacturing community!
We have several schools and manufacturers committed to date, including:
• Schools: Capital Area Career Center, CCRESA Career Connections, Charlotte High School (HS), Eaton Rapids HS, Eaton RESA Career Preparation Center, Grand Ledge HS, Heartlands Institute of Technology, Holt HS, Howell HS, Lewton Middle School, Maple Valley HS & Middle School, Mason HS, Mt Hope Middle School, Pewamo-Westphalia HS, Potterville HS, Sexton HS, Sheridan Rd STEM, St. John’s HS and Wood Creek HS.
• Manufacturers: Alro Steel (Potterville), Bekum America, Cameron Tool, Capital Steel & Wire, Chassix, Dakkota Integrated Systems, Dart Container, Eckhart, Emergent BioSolutions, Enprotech, Franchino Mold and Engineering, General Motors, GSE Industrial Automation, Hatch Stamping, IMPCO, KIRCHHOFF, Neogen, Niowave, Orchid Orthopedic Solutions, Peckham, Roberts Sinto, RSDC, Spartan Motors, and Triton Industries.
Plus, Impression 5 will host 100 students, ages 9-14, in their new Think Tank room; and Lansing Community College will give tours of their Center for Manufacturing Excellence!
The students will:
● See manufacturing in action
● Meet the people who work in the field and hear their passion for their jobs
● Learn about educational pathways that lead to good jobs in manufacturing
● See that manufacturing has evolved and offers great careers
For More Event Information
About Capital Area Manufacturing Council
The CAMC is a strong business alliance of manufacturing professionals who work together to improve mid-Michigan’s manufacturing competitiveness. We promote the sharing of partner best practices and provide a forum for manufacturing leaders to learn and grow. We believe that accelerated collaboration among local leaders will contribute to a robust and enduring manufacturing ecosystem that will create value for Michigan, our country, and the world.